Saturday, September 13, 2008

Her own room

We have finally gotten around to setting up the spare room for Ayla. She is very excited about it and has been happy to make the switch. I still go to her when she wakes at night of course, and finish off the night in her room, but it has been so nice to finally be able to lay in bed with Oscar at night and actually talk to each other!

Ayla has been insistent on having pink and blue in her room and wasn't pleased when I told her that we wouldn't be painting the walls. Her reaction was nothing compared to the 10 min crying fit she had when I wouldn't cave to her demand to paint the living room pink!

I'm hoping to tie-dye a duvet cover for her soon and we need to put up some shelves but it is coming along nicely. We got a nice rug for her and some glowing stars and stick-ons for the wall. I found some beautiful felt decorations on line, thinking how nice it would be to have something natural on the walls instead of plastic. I then spent some time being realistic and admitted to myself that they are not really in our budget! She loves her baskets so we have been organizing some of her toys into them and moving them into the room for her. Now hopefully one day soon she will spend less time causing mischief in Sebastian's room! (yeah, I know, not likely :) )

No comments: