Sunday, March 2, 2008

I did it!

A neighbour asked me last fall if I would be interested in doing a half-marathon running clinic with her throughout the winter. I agreed to as I thought it would be a good way to get to know her better while getting some exercise. I remember saying that I wasn't necessarily planning to run a half-marathon at the end of it. Well, throughout the clinic I actually began to realize that I could probably do one...and today I did!! Last year at this time, it was a good workout for me to run 2km! It's been a long time since I've had physical goals to achieve and damn, it feels good! I'm really looking forward to training for some triathlons this summer!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Way to go Amanda! I really admire your dedication and strength. I'm really proud of you!
Steph

gardening gal said...

Yeah Amanda!!!! congrats on accomplishing your goal! You go girl :)
em

amanda said...

thanks guys!