Sunday, March 2, 2008

my girl

So, I was feeling a bit nervous about how Ayla would react when it was time for her to see Dr.Forte about her LM. She had been saying that she didn't like him (she hasn't seen him for a year!) and that she didn't want to go. I forgot just how confident Ayla is. She walked into the office, hopped into the big chair and started chatting away with him. She didn't flinch throughout the examination and had him charmed by the end of it. I find it so interesting to watch Ayla interact with people. She is so sure of herself and certain that people want to talk with her. (and thank goodness they usually do because she is quite persistent!) Sebastian is happy to step back and let her have the limelight while we are out in public. He actually seems to gain confidence in new situations after watching her interact. Ayla's LM has not caused her any problems this year. Dr. Forte said that he is not happy that it has come back to the extent that it has but that he is pleased with the lack of complications. I know it may cause her some problems in the future and I am grateful that she has such a strong, confident personality which I believe will help her cope well.

No comments: